this week on tour 9/16/18
9/16/18 – Brett Roundtree BHTC Front Desk Reporting
NO ATP TOURNAMENTS THIS WEEK
· No ATP Tournaments this week but the American Men played Croatia in the SF of the Davis Cup and lost 3-2. Croatia advances to the Final to play France who beat Spain 3-2.
· 20yr-old American USC Junior Brandon Holt (pictured in orange shirt) won his first ITF Futures title Sunday beating former UCLA Bruin Marty Redlicki (USA) in the finals of the $15,000 Futures Tournament in Los Angeles by score of 3-6, 6-3, 6-2. Brandon’s ranking is up 1 spot to 1216. Brandon’s mother is 3-time Grand Slam champion Tracy Austin.
· 21yr-old American Reilly Opelka reached the final round of two Challenger tournaments in back-to-back weeks. On Sunday 9/16/18 he lost to James Duckworth (AUS) in the final of the 80-point Challenger in Cary, NC. On Sunday 9/9/18 he lost to Denis Istomin (UZB) in the final of the 125-point Challenger in Chicago, IL. Reilly’s ranking up 48 spots to 125. GOOD JOB REILLY!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!
· 17yr-old American Amanda Anisimova reached her first WTA final in Hiroshima, Japan (280-point event) and lost 6-2, 6-2 to Su-Wei Hsieh of Chinese Taipei. Amanda’s ranking improved 40 spots to 95. Congratulations Amanda!! Keep up the good work. Amanda was born in Freehold, NJ. Video highlights of the match: http://www.wtatennis.com/videos/2018-hiroshima-highlights-hsieh-ousts-anisimova-win-title
· 25yr-old American Nick Chappell won the $25,000 ITF Futures title in Toronto, Canada on Sunday. It’s Nick’s first professional title. Nick was an All-American player at TCU in 2015. Nick’s ranking up 95 spots to 1002.
* 13yr-old Eastern player Maxim Michaels won the B14 L1A at Oceanside, NY on Sunday 9/16/18 with a win over Malik Trail 6-4, 6-2. Congratulations to BHTC standout player Maxim Michaels!!! Keep up the good work!!!